At Hearing & Brain Centers of New England, our mission is to offer high-quality hearing care to our valued patients. Even though we’re all adjusting to a new normal way of doing business, our audiologists in Worcester, MA are happy to have remained open and seeing patients during the current crisis.
Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). The health and safety of our patients and employees are of the utmost importance.
We are committed to doing everything we can to maintain a safe and comfortable experience when you visit our offices.
Your Safety & Health Are Covered
Because your safety and health is our top priority, we’ve been working on ways to provide hearing care with an enhanced focus on your well-being. When we see you in our offices again, we want you to know that we’ve taken multiple steps to ensure your health and comfort.
At your next visit to our hearing centers, you can look forward to the following:
- We will schedule appointments to minimize possible contact with other patients in the waiting room
- We are making video conferencing available to some patients who are able to be evaluated via smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer equipped with a camera & we are actively reaching out to those patients who qualify for a telehealth visit with one of our doctors
- We will ask patients to arrive on time for their appointments, rather than too early since that will minimize the amount of time they spend in our reception area
- We will advise patients to maintain proper social distancing & if they are more comfortable waiting in their car, we will offer to call or text them when we are ready to seat the patient for the appointment
- We will screen all patients using an infrared forehead thermometer. Any patient with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be rescheduled unless emergency pain, swelling, or infection is present. These emergency patients will follow the protocol listed below. These patients will also be advised to call their physician’s office
- We have removed magazines & paper reading materials from our reception rooms as they are not easy to disinfect. As a replacement, patients & visitors can access our complimentary digital magazine library on a smartphone, laptop, or tablet. Details for accessing the digital magazine library are displayed in our reception areas
Contact Our Audiologists in Worcester, MA Today!
We believe these steps will ensure the health of our valued patients and staff, so we can continue helping people enjoy the sounds of life again! Please contact us at 508-753-8155 with any questions or click here to schedule a consultation.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about other topics related to audiology, feel free to contact Hearing & Brain Centers of New England by clicking here or by calling 508-753-8155.